Sunday, May 5, 2013

First Lines: April 2013

The first words you read can often set the tone for the entire story.  I thought it would be fun to keep track of the first lines of the books I read each month and share them with you.  Below are the first lines for all the books I read in April. 

 Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
"I did not arrive at the convent of Saint Mortain some green stripling."

 Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
 "'Sir ?' she repeats.  'How soon do you want it to get there?'"

 The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa
"I smelled blood as soon as I walked into the room."

Speechless by Hannah Harrington
"Keeping secrets isn't my specialty."

 Everybody Sees The Ants by A.S. King
"All I did was ask a stupid question."

The Sweet Dead Life by Joy Preble
“I found out two things today. One, I think I’m dying. And two, my brother is a perv.”

Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg
"Applying butt glue to my sister's backside is, without question, not the first way I'd choose to spend a weekend."

Ok, so this one is going up a bit late.  I have been so busy lately with work that May just snuck up on me. 

So, my favorite line this month was from Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality - it just paints such a fantastic picture while interjecting some humor. 

My least favorite, was probably The Eternity Cure.  That was actually a did-not-finish for me, I just couldn't get back into that world and I didn't really care for the main character. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment