Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (23)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: Eve and Adam by which is due to be released on October 2nd.

Sixteen-year-old Evening Spiker lives an affluent life in San Francisco with her mother, Emma-Rose, a successful geneticist and owner of Spiker Biotech. Sure, Evening misses her father who died mysteriously, but she’s never really questioned it. Much like how she’s never stopped to think how off it is that she’s never been sick. That is, until she’s struck by a car and is exposed to extensive injuries. Injuries that seem to be healing faster than physically possible.

While recuperating in Spiker Biotech’s lush facilities, she meets Solo Plissken, a very attractive, if off-putting boy her age who spent his life at Spiker Biotech. Like Evening, he’s never questioned anything... until now. Solo drops hints to Evening that something isn’t right, and Emma-Rose may be behind it. Evening puts this out of her mind and begins her summer internship project: To simulate the creation of the perfect boy. With the help of Solo, Evening uncovers secrets so big they could change the world completely.


The more I participate in Waiting on Wednesday, the more I realize that I am a sucker for a well executed cover.  Eve & Adam has a really interesting cover that grabs you right away.  I love the melding of the traditional apple image with the sci-fi elements.  The synopsis seems awkwardly written, but I am hoping it is not reflective of the book as a whole.     

4 comments:

Christina said...

Great pick! I definitely have that on my TBR list!

Christina @ Ensconced in YA
My WoW

A Beautiful Madness said...

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a copy at BEA, and it was really good. Great pick!
Em @ A Beautiful Madness My WOW

danicapage said...

I have also realized I'm a sucker for a good cover. If a book has a good cover, I'm dying to read it. If the cover sucks, I can look past that but it is so hard.

This one does sound really good. I also can't wait to read it.

New GFC follower.

Here's my Wow

Enjoy!

~Danica Page@ Taking it One Page at a Time

Zabet said...

Thanks Danica, glad to know I'm not alone. I also get super excited to put the beautiful covered books on my classroom bookshelf. The kids get excited over great covers too!

Post a Comment