Wednesday, January 1, 2014

First Lines: December, 2013

The first words you read can often set the tone for the entire story.  I thought it would be fun to keep track of the first lines of the books I read each month and share them with you.  Below are the first lines for all the books I read in December.

Unhinged by A.G. Howard
"My art teacher says that a real artist bleeds for her craft, but never told us that blood can become your medium, can take on a life of its own and shape your art in vile and gruesome ways."

Defy by Sara B. Larson
The crackle and hiss of the flames devouring our house couldn't block out the screaming and wailing of those who were still alive."

Wow.  Slim pickings this month.  With report cards and Christmas prep, I didn't get much reading time in this month.  To be honest, netbinging 8 seasons worth of Supernatural didn't help either!



0 comments:

Post a Comment