Saturday, February 1, 2014

Stacking the Shelves (26)

Stacking The Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!

BOOKS I GOT THIS WEEK:


The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Fog Magic by Julia L. Sauer
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Extras by Scott Westerfeld
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll

I picked up The Knife of Never Letting Go and The Ask and the Answer for the boys in my class.  I wasn't a big fan of the first book, but I think it will appeal to those teen boys and I am always looking for new books for them.

Before I Fall is another one of those - I see it all the time and should probably read it - books.  I also have a few students who would love to get their hands on this.

A Great and Terrible Beauty has been on my list for some time and completes my collection for this series.  I make it a point to never bring books into the classroom unless I have the first one in the series and I have been looking for this one for ages. 

Uglies and Extras fall under the same sphere.  I had Pretties, but not the others.  Most of my girls have read this series but I would like to try it out myself.

Alice in Wonderland is the classic book my book club kids have chosen for later this spring so I thought I would get a copy early.  I am also hoping to pick up a few more, particularly if I can get one of those super old hardcover copies that have that oh so wonderful old book smell and feel.

Finally, finding Fog Magic on the shelf made me absolutly giddy.  This was one of my favorite books growing up.  I lived in a very small town (think under 1000 people) and other than my basically once a year trip to a bookstore 4 hours away, my school library was all that I had.  I devoured nearly all of the middle grade and teen books that were on the shelves and Fog Magic was one that I kept coming back to over and over again.  I must have read it two or three times a year, along with the Chronicles of Narnia and everything we had by Roald Dahl (The Witches being a particular favorite).

4 comments:

Amber (Books of Amber) said...

I finished the Chaos Walking series last night, and loved it. I'm sorry you weren't a fan! I hope the boys in your class enjoy it. I adore Before I Fall, and the Uglies series is great. Enjoy!

Books of Amber

B Reading said...

That's quite a stack, I hope you enjoy them all.
http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/feeding-my-e-reader-11-what-postman.html

Unknown said...

Your books look like fun! Hope you can stop by mine.

Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm said...

Great haul. I really enjoyed the Chaos Walking trilogy, definitely a good pick for boys. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

Post a Comment