Friday, April 27, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday (1)

Feature & Follow is hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read

This week's question is

Q: Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then “broke up” with later on in either the series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her.

1. Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready: Logan

I fell in and out of love with Logan throughout this whole book. He would do something so cute and sweet that I couldn't help but melt and then he would do something so stupid or petty that I wanted to scream! I completely understand the frustration of his family as they try to come to terms with him being a ghost (and a stubborn one at that) and still managing to pull off his diva rockstar act.

2. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness: Todd

I liked Todd for about 1/3 of the book. He seemed like a kid beaten down by circumstances and I wanted to root for him. I really did. And then *SPOILER* he murders someone who did him no harm and it pretty much gets ignored for the rest of the book because the victim wasn't human. Finally, when faced with the sadistic son of a bitch who chased him across half the damn world, he freezes. ARGH!!

3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: Gale

I understand the need for Gale's progression throughout this series but that doesn't mean that I need to like it. I loved Gale in the first book. He was handsome, strong, determined and self sufficient. If you subscribe to the belief that the strongest relationships are built on common interests and goals, then he is perfect for Me Katniss. Our literary love ended when he allowed he became obsessed with his weapons and winning at all costs. Sorry Gale, even I couldn't root for you to get the girl after the war ended the way it did.

4 comments:

Hazal said...

I have never heard of The Knife of Never Letting Go but I'll be sure to check it out later! I completely agree with you on Gale.

New Follower!
My FF

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Awww I love Gale. Sorry you didn't like him! Great answer :)

Here's my FF!

Unknown said...

I completely understand what you mean with Logan!!

I'm a new gfc and networked follower. :)
http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/ff-feature-and-follow-20.html

Gabby said...

I totally agree with you with Gale. I loved him in the first book, but as I started to love Peeta more My love for Gale kinda died. Though that might change since I haven't read the third book yet. New Follower :). -- Gabby @ The Ya Pixie

My FF- http://theyapixie.blogspot.com/2012/04/follow-my-blog-friday.html

Post a Comment