Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (3)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: Night Beach by Kristy Eager which is due to be released on April 26th.

 Imagine there is someone you like so much that just thinking about them leaves you desperate and reckless. You crave them in a way that's not rational, not right, and you're becoming somebody you don't recognise, and certainly don't respect, but you don't even care.

And this person you like is unattainable. Except for one thing...

He lives downstairs.


Abbie has three obsessions. Art. The ocean. And Kane.

But since Kane's been back, he's changed. There's a darkness shadowing him that only Abbie can see. And it wants her in its world.

A gothic story about the very dark things that feed the creative process.


Honestly, I don't like the synopsis on this one.  It sounds like teen angst to the max.  However, it gets special consideration because a) it is being published in Australia and everything YA coming out of Australia lately rocks my stripy socks.  and b) because the Aussie reviewers on Goodreads all have it on their TBR shelf  and, frankly, whether the book is good or bad I need to read it so that I can get in on the conversation!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

OMG the cover! I agree, the teen angst sounds a little too much for me, too, but I hope it'll get many reviews so I know whether or not it might be something for me! :)

Patricia // My WOW

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

Hmmm. This book is either really good or really bad. I don't think there is an inbetween, but I'm going to keep an eye on the reviews.

Visit my WoW!

Post a Comment