Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday Musings (1)

Monday Musings is hosted by Should Be Reading

This week’s musing asks…
 Do you belong to any book clubs — face-to-face, or online? If so, how long have you been with the group(s)? If not, why?

I am so happy to be able to answer yes to this question!  I just joined a new book club, I say "just" because I have only been to one meeting.  I have been looking for a book club for some time as I am on maternity leave and have been craving human contact!  I searched high and low and was just about to give up hope when I friend of my husband came to visit the baby and mentioned that she was reading The Hunger Games for her new book club.  My eyes lit up and my husband told her "uh oh, you just said the magic words!".  

I have also been thinking a lot about starting a book club for my students when I go back to work in September.   I think that a small venue and high interest books would be fun for the avid readers and might encourage those who haven't yet been bitten by the reading bug.  



 

4 comments:

@MelissaJoLynn_ said...

What grade to do you teach? I'm looking for an el ed job, but that sounds like a great idea to start a book club with students. Great answer. My Musing Mondays Post

caite said...

so many books, so little time, I would rather spend the time actually reading!

Kwizgiver said...

My school has a couple of different book groups for students. They have great participation. And I know I love my book group. I look forward to sharing all the good and not so good books with my friends.

Zabet said...

Amy, it is worth looking around to find one in your area!

HarleyBear, I teach junior high (grades 7, 8 and 9)

Caite, a big part of it is that I get out once a month and leave my husband home with the baby. Mommy needs a little time out once in a while

Kwizgiver, I am hoping my students will be open to it - there is a distinct possibility that I will be changing schools in September so who knows what my new students will be like.

Post a Comment