Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (14)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake which is due to be released on Aug 7th, 2012.

It's been months since the ghost of Anna Korlov opened a door to Hell in her basement and disappeared into it, but ghost-hunter Cas Lowood can't move on. 

His friends remind him that Anna sacrificed herself so that Cas could live--not walk around half dead. He knows they're right, but in Cas's eyes, no living girl he meets can compare to the dead girl he fell in love with.


Now he's seeing Anna everywhere: sometimes when he's asleep and sometimes in waking nightmares. But something is very wrong...these aren't just daydreams. Anna seems tortured, torn apart in new and ever more gruesome ways every time she appears.


Cas doesn't know what happened to Anna when she disappeared into Hell, but he knows she doesn't deserve whatever is happening to her now. Anna saved Cas more than once, and it's time for him to return the favor.


I LOVED Anna Dressed in Blood.  In fact, I am planning on re-reading and reviewing it before Girl of Nightmares is released.  This is, quite possibly, my most anticipated book of the year.  I am more than a little obsessed and keep checking back to the Goodreads page, just in case the release date got moved up.  

This will be me on Aug 6th:

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have too much longer to wait! This one does sound too creepy for me though. :)

Keertana said...

I've heard so much about this series but I have yet to read it, so your post has definitely made me want to get my hands on Anna Dressed in Blood ASAP! I hope the sequel is just as good!(: Great pick!

~Keertana
Ivy Book Bindings

danicapage said...

I still need to read Anna Dressed in Blood. I've heard so many good things about it. Maybe my library will have it. (I'll keep my fingers crossed)

Here's my post

~Danica Page @Taking it One Page at a Time

Jenna and Ashley said...

Love that you're so excited about this:) I have to read Anna Dressed in Blood...I'm a slacker and still have other books higher up on my list than that like Daughter of Smoke and Bone. However, I'm thinking about moving it up now!!

-Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)
My WoW

Livvy said...

This looks great! I really need to get ahold of Anna Dressed in Blood. I very nearly bought it Monday from the local bookstore but refrained.

Great pick.

Post a Comment