This week's topic is the Top Ten Blogs/Sites you read that aren't about books.
1. Books of Adam: Adam is a pretty strange guy. His social commentary (accompanied by cartoons) serve as a great pick me up. Sometimes I am right there with him, and others I think he is on glue. Also, since he added a very handsome picture to the sidebar, I find him a lot more intimidating than when I thought he was some average looking dude sitting around his parent's basement.
|The Featured Creature|
2. The Featured Creature: This blog displays pictures and commentary on the strangest creatures. I love finding wacky and wonderful new animals that I never knew existed and I especially love showing them to my students!
3. The Bloggess: I am going to assume that by now you have all heard of the lady with a penchant for ethically taxidermied animals and hiding in bathrooms during social events with a grab bag of drugs. Also, she clearly has the most amazing and patient husband in the world, or the craziest - one of those.
4. Good E Reader: I like electronics and I love ereaders. I am the go to chick when a friend or colleague is thinking about buying one so, of course, I need to keep up on the latest on all my favorite devices.
5. The Ebook Reader: Ditto #4 PLUS this one regularly lists coupon codes for lots of ebook buying sites.
6. BabyCenter: When I became a mom, I had A LOT of questions. On Babycenter, I was able to join a group for women who gave birth in the same month as me and chat with them about common issues and how to solve them. I swear, the first few months after the Munchkin was born, I was on this site at least 20 times a day.
8. Squawkfox: Living is expensive. Gas is going up, groceries are going up, teachers are losing their jobs left and right (and I decided to have a kid - what the frick was I thinking?). Squawkfox features some money saving tips and techniques that can help me keep a little more cash in my pocket.
|Can You Stay For Dinner?|
10. Green Lite Bites: Also on the foodie front is a site that is pretty new to me. Roni has some great recipes and I especially love her posts on School Lunches and Baby Food Adventures. I am already dreading having to pack school lunches for the Munchkin in a few years but I am sure Roni will be a huge help!
There you go folks! Can't wait to see everyone's posts and maybe pick up a few new blogs for my bookmark folder!