Monday, May 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (6)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week will feature a new Top Ten list . Everyone is welcome to join.

This week features the Top Favorite Quotes from Books

1. "Most books on witchcraft will tell you that witches work naked.  This is because most books on witchcraft were written by men" - Neil Gaiman

2. "To swallow and follow, whether old doctorine or new propaganda, is a weakness still dominating the human mind" - Charlotte Perkins Gilman

3. "Is it true that you shouted at Professor Umbridge?"
"Yes."
"You called her a liar?"
"Yes."
"You told her He Who Must Not Be Named is back?"
"Yes."
"Have a biscuit, Potter."

- J.K. Rowling

4. "Matilda said, "Never do anything by halves if you want to get away with it. Be outrageous. Go the whole hog. Make sure everything you do is so completely crazy it's unbelievable..." - Roald Dahl

5. "Tis now the very witching time of night, when churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out contagion to this world: now could I drink hot blood, and do such bitter business, as the day would quake to look on. - William Shakespeare

6.  "Well, don't expect us to be too impressed. We just saw Finnick Odair in his underwear." - Suzanne Collins

7. "Don't be ridiculous, Charlie, people love the parents who beat their kids in department stores. It's the ones who just let their kids wreak havoc that everybody hates." - Christopher Moore (My parenting/teaching style in a nutshell)

8. "She's so small, yet she contains so much evil." - Christopher Moore (My personal mantra) 

9. "I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once." - John Green  

10. "So Matilda’s strong young mind continued to grow, nurtured by the voices of all those authors who had sent their books out into the world like ships on the sea. These books gave Matilda a hopeful and comforting message: You are not alone." - Roald Dahl 

5 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

It's so wonderful to read all these great quotes. Thank you for sharing yours.

Here's my
Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes.
Hope you'll stop by!

T said...

I love that you thought of Roald Dahl quotes - I swear they coloured my childhood!

Great list!

My Top Ten Tuesday

Anne said...

I have that Suzanne Collins quote on my list too, love it!

Trish said...

I have a quote from Matilda today too! Ha - I love that book.

Keri said...

Love the Harry Potter, Mockingjay and Matilda quotes. Have to admit I've never read Matilda but I really must and soon.

Post a Comment